Job Posting in LSFN Health
Title: Choose Life Coordinator
Location: Lac Seul, ON
Lac Seul First Nation requires a community-based Coordinator for Choose Life. Under the direction of the Health Director, the Choose Life Coordinator is responsible for promoting healthy communities by working closely with, and supporting Lac Seul youth and children. The Choose Life Coordinator will provide prevention-focused programs and interventions that will support strong, healthy, and happy families while focusing on high risk youth, solution based interventions, and suicide prevention by creating community activities and land-based activities for youth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and identify list of high risk children/families and ensure access to in-depth counselling if required
- Provide youth workshops incorporated with healthy living and organize youth activities (i.e.; hockey, baseball, outdoor club events and culture activities)
- Provide community-based programing and activities targeting youth with land based and other traditional activities
- Provide supervision and scheduling to Support Workers, and coordinate 24/7 communication links to support youth in crisis
- Identify youth-at-risk and monitor these youth
- Implement case management, assessment, and possible treatment
- Collaborate with Social Services, Schools, and Band Council when required
- Connect youth to community-based services by also collaborating with the Youth Workers and Community Activator
- The ability to effectively communicate within the elementary school environment, use information and word processing systems, respond to crisis situations, participate in research and program development, and write up professional reports
- Familiarize yourself with the Jordan’s Principle initiative
- Maintain program data collection and reporting requirements
- Must be able to set up requirements of the program as this is a new program in Lac Seul
- Degree/diploma certificate in Education or Social Services would be an asset
- Previous experience in dealing with family well-being and youth
- Highly organized with the ability to effectively coordinate and organize staff and community programs services and activities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word/Excel/Power Point)
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to exercise good judgement, show initiative and be proactive
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality and handle sensitive information
- Ability to communicate in the local language would be an asset
SALARY: Based on qualifications and experience
HOURS: 35 hours per week
Please submit a cover letter along with a resume, and written permission for LSFN Human Resources to contact two employment references, (most recent supervisors) must be provided. LSFN requires a Criminal Reference Check from those offered positions.
Please mail, fax or drop off application to:
Lac Seul First Nation
c/o HR Department
Hudson, ON P0V 1X0
Fax #: 807-582-3585
Please apply by Tuesday, February 20, 2018 by 4:00p.m.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Please note, online presence checks will be conducted.