Job Posting in LSFN Public Works
Title: Community Maintenance Worker
Location: Whitefish Bay, Lac Seul First Nation
Reporting to: Public Works Field Supervisor
Under the direction of the Public Works Field Supervisor, The Community Maintenance Worker shall be committed to the overall objectives of Lac Seul First Nation Chief and Council. The Community Maintenance Worker will be responsible to assist under the Public Works Department for craftsmanship, mechanical, road repairs, sewage disposal and other duties that may be assigned by the Field Supervisor.
- Grade 10 Education
- Valid Driver’s license – Class G is a definite asset
- Must have knowledge of Basic Carpentry, Plumbing, Electrical & Mechanical
- Strong knowledge of Assets within the community
- Must be able to demonstrate self-confidence, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and possess motivational skills to work with minimal supervision
- Assist the PW with maintaining community roadways in all three communities (i.e. placing dust control, mulch/asphalt to all roads, clean off gravel & debris on bridges, install and maintain road signs, place gravel to areas of road way and proper ditching).
- Assist the PW with maintaining all community band assets. Do repairs doors, window, stairs and lighting. Install air conditioners to designated places.
- Assist the PW with disposal of sewage waste to all band buildings & residential units.
- Assist the PW with garbage collection & clearing of landfill sites.
- Clean and maintain Garage of any debris or spills that can be hazardous.
- Assist the PW with maintenance of all band equipment.
- Assist the PW Water Treatment Operator in FMH with maintenance of the plant.
- Assist the PW with damaged curb stops, valves, broken lines and frozen pipes.
SALARY: Depending on qualifications and experience
HOURS: 35hrs/week, Monday to Friday
Please submit a cover letter along with a resume, and written permission for LSFN Human Resources to contact two employment references, (most recent supervisors) must be provided.
LSFN requires a Criminal Reference Check from those offered positions.
Please mail, fax or drop off applications to:
Lac Seul First Nation
c/o HR Department
P.O Box 100
Hudson, ON. P0V 1X0
Please apply by Tuesday, February 20, 2018 by 4:00p.m.
Late applications will not be accepted.