Job Posting in LSFN Health
Extended Deadline & External Posting
Title: Patient Transportation Coordinator
Location: Lac Seul, Ontario
Lac Seul First Nation Health Authority requires a Patient Transportation Coordinator for the Medical Transportation Department. Under the direction and supervision of the Health Director, the Patient Transportation Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that courteous, safe transportation services for patients and their Escorts is provided.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that clients and their escorts are provided with safe, courteous transportation.
- Ensure all vehicles are equipped with safety laws; seatbelts, child seats, wheelchair accessibility when required.
- Scheduling work shift schedules Monday to Friday; 6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm on weekly rotation basis.
- Maintain updated log book; Mileage, Gas, Amount, Patient and Escort names, Band name, band number, Appointment location, pick up/drop off times, daily vehicle inspection, light cleaning duties of vehicles at all times.
- Ensuring that all reporting requirements are met
- Ensuring policies and procedures of the daily transporting of Medical box from Clinics to designated locations is maintained.
- Perform other duties as per the Health Director’s discretion
- Must have valid Ontario driver’s license with a minimum of three (3) previous years of driving experience
- Provide a Driving record abstract (this can be obtained from Diamond Class Realty)
- Fluency and/or understanding in one of the First Nations dialects
- Have excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Willingness to take additional training as per direction from the Health Director.
SALARY: In accordance with experience
HOURS: 35 hours per week
Please submit a cover letter along with a resume, and written permission for LSFN Human Resources to contact two employment references, (most recent supervisors) must be provided. LSFN requires a Criminal Reference Check, along with a Driving Record Abstract from those offered positions.
Please mail, fax or drop off application to Lac Seul First Nation, c/o HR Department, Box 100, Hudson ON, P0V 1X0. Fax #: 807-582-3585.
Please apply by Friday, December 22, 2017 by 4:00p.m. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please note, online presence checks will be conducted.