Community Maintenance Worker (Short-term)
Title: Community Maintenance Worker (Short-term)
Location: Kejick Bay, Lac Seul First Nation
Reporting to: Public Works Director
Under the direction of the Public Works Director, The Kejick Bay Community Maintenance Worker shall be committed to the overall objectives of Lac Seul First Nation Chief and Council. The Community Maintenance Worker will be responsible to assist under the Public Works Department for craftsmanship, mechanical, road repairs, sewage disposal and landfill.
Ø Must have a Valid Class G license
Ø Minimum of Grade 10 education
Ø Must have knowledge of Basic Carpentry, Plumbing, Electrical & Mechanical
Ø Strong knowledge of Assets within the community
Ø Demonstrated self-confidence, organizational and communication skills
Ø Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Assist the PW with maintaining community roadways in the community. Clean off gravel & debris on bridges. Install and maintain road signs. Placing gravel to areas of road way and proper ditching.
· Assist the PW with maintaining all community band assets. Do repairs doors, window, stairs and lighting. Install air conditioners to designated places.
· Assist the PW with disposal of sewage waste to all band buildings & residential units.
· Assist the PW with garbage collection & clearing of landfill sites, if sanitation is unavailable.
· Clean and maintain Garage of any debris or spills that can be hazardous.
· Assist the Pw with maintenance of all band equipment.
· Assist the PW Water Treatment Operator with the maintenance of the plant.
· Provide inventory of all Fire Protection equipment, maintain storage & upkeep of the supplies. Assist with any volunteers with the training initiatives.
SALARY: Depending on qualifications and experience
TERM: January – March 30, 2018
HOURS: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Please submit a cover letter along with a resume, and written permission for LSFN Human Resources to contact two employment references, (most recent supervisors) must be provided.
LSFN requires a Criminal Reference Check from those offered positions.
Please mail, fax or drop off applications to:
Lac Seul First Nation
c/o HR Department
P.O Box 100
Hudson, ON. P0V 1X0
Please apply by Wednesday, December 20, 2017 by 4:00p.m.
Late applications will not be accepted.